have you ever wondered how these 200 million Arabs can't wipe out 6 million Israelis? 80 million of them are just next to the border!
well, aside from the wisecracks of mighty Israel [link] & the ignorant childish Hebrew rants [link][link] which I'm in no way engaging, well, aside from that here is my take on things:
the usual rant is "look at them Arabs, bitching about this small piece of land while having all that desert". 2 things wrong with that:
Arabs: are not a nation!!! we don't live in a single country & not even have the same ethnicity to begin with. it's like claiming that all French-speaking people to have the same origins while a lot of them are not even white!
being an Arab means you speak Arabic & probably a Muslim but that is it, the blood/nationality unity is not that there. Egyptians are not like Syrians, Libyans, Palestinians or Saudis. that is why Nasser's attempts to unify Arabs in a single nationalistic movement/state (Pan-Arabism) was a complete failure from the start & was a waste of all the Egyptian resources.
I might have my neighbors for dinner but I won't give them my house! Palestinians are my neighbors but I won't accept their re-settlement, especially to accommodate the wandering Jews!
another rant is "Israel kicks ass, literally!"
take a look at all that red on the map, half the freaking place is either under occupation of foreign forces or toiling in poverty, corruption & civil war!
a closer look at these "Arab hoards"
* Saudi Arabia (& the rest of the camel-fu*kers): #1 ally of the United States in the region (& in turn Israel), US army bases all over the place to protect their (American) precious oil... just this week a secret 2 years old "CIA-drone-launch base" was revealed in the news.
* Yemen: 90% of the population below poverty line. drone-practice-zone.
* Iraq: we all know what happened to Iraq & I'm not just referring to the second invasion.
* Syria: fu*ked Egypt in the '50s by undermining Nasser as a leader & breaking the unity with Egypt just after 2 years. then fu*ked us again during the 1973 war by asking for unplanned Egyptian advance into slaughter while they retreated. then didn't fire a single shot over the past 40 years to retake their stolen Golan heights.
* Lebanon: their entire army is weaker than any of the neighborhood militias.
* Jordan: wanted to fu*k Egypt in the 1973 war, their late king Hussein admitted it in a TV show about how he took his royal helicopter to warn Golda Meir about the eminent Egyptian offensive to retake Sinai. I don't think their history have any other event other than that!
* Egypt: rotting for the past 40 years of peace & prosperity YET have the only standing army in Africa. our only good days were the days of war!
* Sudan: they lost the rich half of the country to the savage half of the population!
* Libya: a desert wasteland, a country so ignorant that it tolerated Qaddafi for 40 years!
* Tunisia: smaller than my governorate & the one next to it put together.
* Algeria: after fighting a glorious Independence battle they are letting the French to come back again! maybe because too much Algerians are in France already the two people are considering changing places!
* Morocco: I think they have their own occupied territories, the ones Spain holds, as big as Gaza I think.
* Mauritania: their entire army consists of 4 Toyota Land Cruisers with heavy MGs mounted on it (as far as I have seen in the news).
* Somalia: don't even speak Arabic! and I'm not sure it's a country on the map any more.
oh & Palestine:... well, HAMAS has a 45 Kmē empire & the PLO have the West "Bank". I don't think that will change soon.
so, basically it comes down to Egypt vs. Israel
every single military action of any notable proportions was between these two. any involvement in such military operations by "Arab forces" was trivial, symbolic & counterproductive.
on the other side of the ring we have the wrestler in the blue trunks...
the United States of America, the European Union, the British Commonwealth... & of course Israel. nice group to have on your side!
you see that big space of grey in the upper right corner, the wastelands of communism, it was involved of course (Cold War & such) but here is the thing: one of the first 2 nations racing to recognize Israel at the UN in 1948 was the glorious USSR. I think it was their solution to their Jewish problem, shipping them off to the desert!
a final word: I'm not trying to place all of our misfortune & inability to settle our scores solely on foreign elements but all I'm trying to say it's not a fair fight to begin with.
Welcome CSS can be
you're unfamiliar to
it. So that's why
we're writing these
articles! If you
have any suggestions
or would like to
write a section in
future CSS Did You
are like Ogres by
Magepresented by the
This article came
about after a
requested that we
write ten clear,
simple tips for
information can be
very useful, but
it down into
chunks is so much
easier. So without
further ado plea...
In our continuous
effort to improve
Site Updates to keep
members informed and
to gather feedback.
Below is a list of
recent changes to
the site, bug fixes,
and feedback that
was brought up by
members in the last
See the light and
in photography is a
art. One of the most
of a photographer is
to see light and to
remember it. Light
is the most changing
element in our daily
life. We move among
solid objects and
among people who do
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More